Japanese Bookbinding Kit
We are in love with these sophisticated and beautifully packaged Maker Kits from Fábrica de Texturas (Textures Factory), a 100% “Do It Yourself” project based in Madrid, Spain.
The Japanese Bookbinding Kit comes with everything you need to bind a blank notebook with traditional Japanese hand-stitching.
The kit includes:
- Handmade beech wood folding tool (basic bookbinding tool)
- Wooden Hake brush
- 100ml synthetic paste
- Waxed cotton threads
- Saddlery needle
- Handmade wooden handle punch
- Handmade paper from Nepal for bookbinding
- Sheets of laminated cardboard to make a 20×15cm sized notebook
- 20 sheets of blank conqueror paper 120gr (20×15cm)
- Metal clip
- Illustrated instructions in English
- Link to video tutorial
- Comes packaged in a cardboard box hand-stamped in the Fábrica de Texturas workshop
Please note that the color and pattern of the handmade paper supplied for the exterior of the notebook may vary from what is shown.